Friday, May 7, 2010

Coming Soon: CampyOnlyGuy's 27th Davis Double

It was way back in 1983 that I first rode the Davis Double. That was the first double century (200-mile) ride I ever did, and it was an epic ride through Yolo, Napa, and Lake counties in Northern California on a blazing hot day. I still remember taking salt tablets in Arbuckle, and the feeling of accomplishment when I crossed the finish line some 15 hours later.

I missed the DC in 1984, but I've done every other ride since then, for a total of 26 DCs. My consecutive streak sits at 25 (1984-2009). Five of those were on fixed gears!

And I'll be back next weekend for my 27th trip around the course. Look for me on my Campy-equipped Richard Sachs, and say hi.

Below, a quilt that my wife, Laurie, made for me from my DC t-shirts:



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment