Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Today's Bike: Campy Alchemy

Reader Dave V has put together a very nice Campy-equipped machine. Check out the aftermarket Ergo lever hoods and the myriad cool details on the frame and parts.

Dave writes,

"A couple pics of my Chorus/Centaur equipped Alchemy custom project bike. Note the campy-compatible Hudz replacement Ergo hoods – pretty cool product. Installation takes a little muscle, but they look and feel great except for the lack of a Campy logo. Also, I think the Campy hoods do a little better job of sealing around the shift mechanisms behind the levers. James Flatman at Alchemy made the frame, Spectrum PowderWorks did the powder-coating, I did the paint scheme design myself, and PurelyCustom.com did the custom engraved headset spacer and bar end plugs. The alchemical symbols were inspired by Alchemy’s headtube badge, as well as my own professional interest in chemistry!

Cheers,
Dave"






















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment