Update: This tandem has been sold. We are selling our Santana Arriva tandem--a fantastic machine handmade at the original Santana workshop in Claremont, CA. Fillet-brazed by hand (not Tig-welded as they are now). Purchased from Santana's home shop, the (now closed) Bud's Bike Shop in Claremont.
The photos speak for themselves:
A few details:
- Fillet-brazed frame of custom-drawn Columbus tubing
- Front: 54cm C-T, Rear: 51cm, C-T
- Investment-cast cro-moly fork crown
- Special Santana bottom brackets with eccentric front
- Campagnolo 7-speed Record Ergo levers
- Sugino cranksets
- Arai drum brake, actuated by Suntour bar-end shifter (for use as a drag brake on long downhills)
- Handbuilt 48-spoke wheels
- Sealed bearing, high-flange hubs
- Includes seats, rack, and rack trunk
- Pedals not included
- Original Santana-branded stoker bars included, if you want them
This tandem has been used, but very little. The last time it was on the road before taking these photos was about three years ago :-( It needs a home where it will be ridden and appreciated.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me.
Asking $1,000, and local pickup in the Sacramento, CA, area is preferred (although I will be happy to pack and ship it for the cost of shipping).
Email for info: campyonlyguy [at] me [dotcom]